Sunday 27 September 2015
This post is also available in: Greek
1st Mini Aquathlon – start time 09:30
6th Paros Triathlon – start time 11:30
Paros Triathlon office opens 1 hour before the start of the race
registrations close 15min. before the start of the race
The 6th Paros Triathlon is for teenagers over 13 years old and for adults and includes swimming at Ai Yiannis Detis bay, street cycling around the area of Paros Park and running at the footpaths of Paros Park.
The distances may seem short, but it’s a demanding race – especially for the individual participation.
Team Participation categories are for those who want to compete at an easier level. This is a relay race in teams of 2 or 3 athletes of any gender.
The Paros Triathlon race will start at 11:30 am and all athletes must be at the start point by 10:30am – registrations open until 11:15
Competing Categories – Paros Triathlon:
• Individual Boys (13-18 years old)
• Individual Girls (13-18 years old)
• Individual Men (adults)
• Individual Women (adults)
• Team Teenagers – mixed gender (13-18 years old)
• Team Adults – mixed gender (adults)
Individual participation: Athletes compete in the following sports, without a break: about 500m. swimming, 15km cycling and 2,5km running.
Team participation: Teams of 2 or 3 athletes of any gender. The first athlete competes in swimming, the second one in cycling and the third one in swimming. This is a relay-style race, where the 1st competing athlete passes on a bracelet to the next one. The total time of all 2 or 3 athletes of a team is counted as the final time.
1st Mini Park Aquathlon is for kids 5- 12 years old and includes swimming at the bay of Ai Yiannis Detis and off road running at the footpaths of Paros Park. It follows the same regulations as Paros Triathlon.
Competing Categories – Mini Park Aquathlon:
Small Mini Park Aquathlon ( 50m. swimming, 300m. running)
• Individual – mixed gender (5-8 years old, boys & girls)
Mini Park Aquathlon (200m. swimming, 1000m. running)
• Individual – mixed gender (9-12 years old, boys & girls)
• Team – mixed gender (9-12 years old, boys & girls)
The race starts at 9:30am and the young athletes need to be at the start point by 8:30am
• Athletes of both races need to have their own equipment for all sports and cyclists must wear a helmet. There will be 5 helmets available to borrow (an id is needed).
• All young athletes of the Mini Aquathlon must be accompanied by a guardian. All athletes under 18 years old must bring along a written declaration signed by their guardian, where it is stated that they are permitted and able to compete.
• Participation fee: €5 per athlete.
• Blue Star Ferries provides free tickets for participants to the 6th Paros Triathlon.
The free tickets are for the athletes only – and cannot include any vehicles.
The deadline for applying has passed
• Register for the Triathlon by filling up the registration form below
• Registrations are also open on the day of the Triathlon, from 10:30-11:15
• Other activities of the day: Guided walk around the footpaths of Paros Park after the end of the Triathlon.
Participation Form – Paros Triathlon – Mini Aquathlon
* All athletes under 18 years old must bring along a written declaration signed by their guardian, where it is stated that they are permitted and able to compete.
- BLUE STAR FERRIES
- HOTEL SENIA
- ILIAS KRITIKOS FROUTOEMBORIKI
- WIDE ANGLE
- DIGITAL PRINTING SOLUTIONS
- XYLEMBORIKI PAROS
- ST. ALIBRANTIS