Paros Triathlon, which takes place for the 7th consecutive year at Paros Park, has become by now an important athletic event for Paros and the nearby islands. Paros Triathlon is open to adults and teenagers over 13 years old, who compete in swimming at the bay of Monastiri, cycling in the surrounding area and off-road running at the beautiful footpaths of Paros Park.
The distances may seem short, but it’s a demanding race – especially for the individual participation categories. Paros Triathlon starts at 14:00 (2pm) on Saturday 24th September, at the main beach of Paros Park.
Athletes must be at the start point at least 1 hour before the start time. Registration opens at 12 noon.
Mini Park Aquathlon, is a duathlon for young athletes 5 to 12 years old, who compete in swimming at the bay of Monastiri and off-road running at the footpaths of Paros Park. Mini Park Aquathlon will take place before the Triathlon, at 12:00 noon – in individual and team participation categories. All young athlete must be at the start point 1 hour before the start time, by 11am.
This year, Paros Triathlon takes place at the same time with the 2nd “Samina” Swimming Crossing. The swim crossing is for athletes with big experience in open sea swimming, and it is not a competition; it’s a tribute to the victims of the Samina boat sinking of 2000.
Participating athletes and their company, from Paros and other cities, will have the chance to take part in both sports events as well as in other activities and events that will take place during the weekend of 24th & 25th September.
• For participating athletes & their company who come from other cities, there is 50% discount at boat tickets with Blue Star Ferries. Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org Each athlete is entitled to a 50% discount ticket for him/herself, 1 companion and 1 vehicle (car or motorbike). To purchase your ticket(s), first you need to register at Paros Triathlon, stating the name(s) of people travelling, the vehicle’s plate numbers (if applicable) and the boat itineraries your prefer to/from Paros, stating dates & times. You can write all this information at the “Comments” field of the participation form or at a separate email. We will email you a reservation code and all relevant details. You will then need to make a prepayment for you ticket via bank transfer or credit card/debit card for your ticket code to be valid. On the day of departure, you can state the booking code at the Blue Star Ferries kiosk in front of the boat at Piraeus port or, if you come from another island at an affiliated travel agency in your area, in order to pick your ticket(s) any time before departure.
Also, there is accommodation discount at the hotels: Madaky (€20 1 pax – €27 2 pax) & Kouros (€40 1 pax – €45 2 pax), Paliomylos Spa Hotel (from €60 2pax) and meals discounts at La Piazza (-15%) and Mediterraneo (-10%) restaurants in Naoussa. Discounts for accommodation in Parikia available at Krios Camping & Rooms (tent: €4p.p., cabin: €7p.p., room: €12p.p.) To reserve a room with the triathlon discount, contact the hotels directly, stating that you are a Paros Triathlon athlete.
Paros Triathlon – Competing Categories:
• Individual Boys (13-18 years old)
• Individual Girls (13-18 years old)
• Individual Men (adults)
• Individual Women (adults)
• Team Teenagers – mixed gender (13-18 years old)
• Team Adults – mixed gender (adults) Individual participation: Athletes compete in the following sports, without a break: about 500m swimming, 15km cycling and 2,5km running. Team participation:Teams of 2 or 3 athletes of any gender. The first athlete competes in swimming, the second one in cycling and the third one in swimming. This is a relay-style race, where the 1st competing athlete passes on a bracelet to the next one. The total time of all 2 or 3 athletes of a team is counted as the final time. The race starts at 14:00 and all athletes need to be at the start point at the latest by 13:00. Registry opens at 12:00 noon.
MINI PARK AQUATHLON
The Mini Park Aquathlon race is for kids 5- 12 years old and includes swimming at the bay of Ai Yiannis Detis and off road running at the footpaths of Paros Park. It follows the same regulations as Paros Triathlon. Competing Categories – Mini Park Aquathlon: Small Mini Park Aquathlon ( 50m swimming, 300m running)
• Individual – mixed gender (5-8 years old, boys & girls) Mini Park Aquathlon (200m swimming, 1.000m running)
• Individual – mixed gender (9-12 years old, boys & girls)
• Team – mixed gender (9-12 years old, boys & girls) The race starts at 12 noon and the young athletes need to be at the start point at 11:00am
• Athletes of both races need to have their own equipment for all sports and cyclists must wear a helmet. There will be 5 helmets available to borrow from the organizers – with an ID card.
• All young athletes of the Mini Aquathlon must be accompanied by a guardian. All athletes under 18 years old must bring along a written declaration signed by their guardian, where it is stated that they are permitted and able to compete.
• Participation fee: €5 per athlete.
• Registrations open on the day of the race. Athletes who haven’t registered online, should come to the start point as early as possible.
• After the races, everyone can enjoy a walk around the beautiful footpaths of Paros Park, with view to the Aegean and other Cycladic islands.
The Environmental & Cultural Park of Paros is an alternative sight of interest for visitors & locals combining summer beach fun with culture, ecology and sports.
* All athletes under 18 years old must bring along a written declaration signed by their guardian, where it is stated that they are permitted and able to compete.
Paros Triathlon is sponsored by the following local businesses, to which we are thankful: